In our line of work we see a lot of resorts. Sometimes, even on vacation, you’ll find us sneaking in a site inspection or two because…well vacations are our work. Some resorts we have always loved, but over the years these resorts evolve and then we fall even harder than when we first met. Sandals Montego Bay is that resort for us right now. In fact as we sit here in our beachfront room listening to Marley, enjoying the turquoise water and private white sand beach, it is pretty hard to think of how it could be better than this. After all isn’t this what a Jamaican vacation should be? Not a care in the world and a “No problem ‘Mon” attitude? Sandals Montego Bay surpasses even that though. It isn’t just a beach resort with a great view on a great stretch of real estate.
- Staff– Definitely the heart of this resort. They don’t change and keep getting better year after year. Some of them have even been here since day one (unheard of in the hotel industry by the way). Their consistency in anticipating guest needs and caring for their guests is a huge reason why Sandals MoBay is one of the most revisited Sandals Resorts.
- Beach–Private. White sand. That pretty much sums it up. Perfection.
- Vibe–This resort is FUN. EVERYONE has a good time here. Rain, shine nothing gets in the way of a good time here. The energy here adds to that fun beach vacation atmosphere we all desperately need when we first get off the plane.
- Newly Renovated–Over the past 3 years this resort has undergone a renovation that makes it feel like a new resort. Rooms now feature a more contemporary Caribbean elegance. Not to mention we LOVE the tranquility tubs!!
- Location–Sandals Montego Bay is the closest Sandals to Montego Bay Airport…like right next door…so you are a quick 10 minute transfer to the resort. First on the beach and last to leave as Sandals likes to so often say.
- Event Locations–This Sandals resort offers a beautiful chapel, elegant (NOT your average ballroom) conference facilities and numerous garden, gazebo and beach locations for weddings. If you are concerned regarding back-up options for your destination wedding then this resort is a great option. It is also perfect for meetings and conventions as well.
- Triple Fun–So Sandals has 2 other resorts in Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Inn, your stay at Sandals Montego Bay allows you access to all 3 Sandals with transportation between resorts.
It.keeps.getting.better.though… JUST when we thought the resort was AMAZING and practically brand new we’ve just learned that there is more coming to Sandals Montego Bay! Like….
- OVERWATER BUNGALOWS!!!! We can’t get enough of overwater accommodations in the Caribbean!
- Latitudes overwater bar (picture a frosty drink and a hammock…OVER WATER while you relax at a bar…welcome to Latitudes!)
- An overwater CHAPEL! We can only hope for a chapel that seats AT LEAST 40 guests…Sandals Weddings are you listing?
We think it is pretty clear just exactly why we are so excited about the NEW Sandals Montego Bay…Sandals really got this renovation right. Considering the history of the resort (dating back to the Hollywood’s Golden Age) and the fact that it is the flagship of the Sandals brand we feel the changes were well deserved and are spectacular! Our only regret was leaving way too soon…
Photo credit to Sandals Resorts and Dreams and Destinations Travel. Some links contain affiliate information.